Thursday 16 May 2013

Owl, as yet unnamed.

Last night I went out into the wide world. I drank tea, laughed and ate chocolate at my friend's church which holds an occasional craft night. This little guy is probably the first (non mending) needlework I've done in ages. My hands were shaking terribly so he isn't as neat as I'd like, but if I waited for steady hands I'd never get anything made.

Fortunately the rain seems finally to have wandered off. I'm glad as I've been unable to knit, or play Scrabble for days and I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms. Not to mention a queue for socks!

I am no longer a car owner. Didn't get much for it, but it is a weight off my mind and I can't say I'll miss the running costs. I noticed as I signed the paperwork that I registered it on the 16th of May 2006, exactly seven years. Farewell Ollie. I did hear a roll cage will be fitted by Sunday. I hope so, I'd like to think it will go out in a blaze of glory, racing round a rally or banger track.

No comments:

Post a Comment